The online Alumni Portal
Our aim with respect to the alumni portal is to provide a network enabling anyone who is currently associated with the University of Goettingen or with its Alumni The Alumni Portal connects alumni, former and current students, staff and friends with Göttingen University. The online community is open to all alumni, students and staff and offers a fantastic opportunity to grow your personal and professional network. Registration is free of charge.
Good reasons to join the Alumni Association
We warmly invite you to become a member of Alumni Göttingen e. V.
As a member of Alumni Göttingen e. V. you are officially a member of Georg-August University Göttingen. Your annual donation is an important contribution that supports the work of the Alumni Association, as well as research and development projects at the Georgia Augusta.
As a member of the Alumni Göttingen e. V.
- You can actively get involved: at the annual general meeting you can help decide how donation funds will be used and which projects will be supported, as well as elect (or serve on) the executive board of the Association.
- You will receive invitations to Alumni events prior to non-members, which will guarantee your space at the events. There are also exclusive events for members of the association only.
- You receive a free subscription for the university newspaper uni|inform and the research magazine GEORGIA AUGUSTA.
- You can take advantage of special rates and discounts at many Göttingen hotels and events of our local partners – such as the Handel Festival.
Alumni membership card
As a member of Alumni Göttingen e. V you can order a membership card free of charge. The personalised chip card with your photo identifies you as a legitimate member of the University and has a variety of benefits:
- Access to the University's sport facilities
- payment with your chip-card at University cafes and cafeterias
- Access to the Lower Saxony State and University Library (SUB) free of charge
Membership designed to specially suit your own personal situation
The Göttingen Alumni Association is a non-profit organization. All contributions are used to support the work of the Alumni Association, as well as research and teaching projects. As a donation, your annual membership contribution is fully tax-deductible in Germany.
Additional donation: If you would like to make an additional donation, you can add an additional amount of your choice. This additional contribution will be debited from your account annually, together with your membership fee. Alternatively, you can make a one-off payment directly to Alumni Göttingen.
Minimum annual donation
Standard membership: 30 Euros per year
Student member: 8 Euros per year
Reduced fee for up to two years after graduation or after completion of doctorate
Couple membership: 45 Euros per year
For the couple membership, one partner registers as the paying member and the other for free. When registering, the non-paying partner simply provides the email address or the membership number of his/her partner.
Cancelling your membership and/or deleting your profile from the portal
To leave the alumni association there are two options:
1. Delete your profile from the Alumni Portal
Your contact details will be permanently deleted and you will no longer be able to take advantage of the benefits provided by the alumni network. Your membership will terminate at the end of the current calendar year.
2. Change your membership status to Network Only (free of charge) by clicking on Membership and changing your status accordingly
This way, you will remain part of the alumni network. Your paid association membership will then expire at the end of the current calendar year.
If you would like to remain a member of the association, but remove your profile from the portal, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +49 (0)551 39 26211.